May Playlist

Sunday, May 18, 2014

This month I have been on a very Girly streak. I've been wearing a Lot of Pink, Putting bows in my hair, Watching back-to-back Episodes of "America's Next Top Model", and Listening to a Lot of female music artists. So for this month's playlist post, I thought I would stick with my girly ways and share with you some of my girly music.

1. 融化了(Melted) - Popu Lady 
 
Popu Lady is a Taiwanese girl group that is still relatively new to the scene. They first debuted in December, 2012 and currently have two albums. I really enjoy this group for their overabundance of girlishness and cuteness. Whenever I am need of a quick mood lifter, I find myself listening to their music and soon I'm smiling and dancing around. This song is from their most recent album, Little Future .


2. 我的歌聲裡 (You Exist In My Song) - 曲婉婷 (Wanting)
 
Wanting is a Chinese music artist who began her music career in Canada after earning a degree in international business. She has a great combination of both English and Chinese songs that she writes herself. Wanting currently has two albums. This song is from her first album, Everything In The World. Actually, this was one of the first songs I discovered that when I first began exploring Mando-pop music and I've been listening to it ever since.

3. Me & U - 阿福 (A-Fu)
 
A-Fu is one of my favorite female Taiwanese singers. She has some of the happiest, upbeat music. A-Fu began her fame on YouTube and released her debut album in 2011. She has released two more  albums since then. I find this song sweet and makes me think about my husband :). This song is on her latest album, Sky Island .

4. 愛是什麼 (What Is Love) - 梁文音 (Rachel Liang)
 
Rachel Liang is another One of my favorites. Since her Career Started off in 2008, Rachel Liang has released Two albums and ACTED in Several Television Shows. Contagious Find her cheerfulness and I am very Attracted to her music Because of it. Her music is very Genuine and sweet which I Also Find myself relating to. This song is from her latest album, Yellow Jacket

5.  黃色夾克 (Yellow Jacket) - 梁文音 (Rachel Liang)
 
Here is another Rachel Liang song from her latest album. This song is so much fun and I admit to sometimes putting it on repeat and singing along while I shower.  

6. Tippy Toes - Peggy Hsu
 
Peggy Hsu has been around in the music industry since 2001, but I have only just heard about her when her newest album, La Valse, was released on May 6 this year. When I heard this song on the radio, I immediately loved it and had to know who sang it. This might just be one of the sweetest songs I have ever heard and brings the image of a little girl twirling around to mind. The entire album is beautiful and I highly recommend you checking it out.

So there you have it for this month's playlist in all it's girlish glory. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment