Baked Pear Dessert

Monday, October 20, 2014

Last week I wrote a guest post on the Multicultural Kids Blog where I shared one of my favorite fall recipes. After writing that post, I decided that I wanted to share a fall recipe on my own blog as well. I love fall and all the delicious warm treats that come with the season. Growing up, I was not a big fan of dessert in general and would usually turn down dessert when offered (I'm not sure why I was such a strange kid), but I was always up for any kind of fruit dessert. Although (unfortunately for my waist line) I have grown to enjoy dessert, I'm still a sucker for sweet fruity desserts. Baked pears is one of my favorite treats and its such a quick and easy recipe. Seriously, you can prep these in about five minutes and will be ready after baking for 30 minutes.

Baked Pear Dessert

1. All you need for this super easy and delicious treat are:
          - Pears (each pear make 2 servings)
          - Butter
          - Honey
          - Ground cinnamon
          - Ground nutmeg 






2. Wash your pears and cut them in half. Then simply remove the stem and scoop the cores out with a small spoon. I put them in a pan that is covered with foil because baked honey can be really tough to wash later, so I just save myself the headache.








3. Spread some butter over the pear halves and then drizzle honey over them.














4. Next, simply sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the pear halves and cover them up with foil.
















Here is the final product. I drizzled a little more honey on top before serving. This also tastes really good with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream (or you could put a some greek yogurt on top for a healthier treat). Enjoy!



Creative K Kids

2 comments: