Cry

Wednesday, December 3, 2014


I wrote this poem several years ago, but never did anything with it. Then, I stumbled upon it the other day while cleaning out my computer and thought I would share it all with you. Enjoy :)

              Cry

I think of a poor little child who is 
Lost and alone and I cry.
I see a baby all skin and bones 
Dying from disease and hunger and I cry.
I hear the desperation in a lost 
Soul’s voice and I cry.
I feel a person pull away when I 
Speak God’s name and I cry.                  

Cry, cry for the child that is hungry and cold.
Cry for the heart that is hard as stone.
Cry for the souls that want to find love.
Cry, cry for those who are hurt and afraid.

God thinks of the poor little children that are 
Lost and alone and He cries.
God sees the babies all skin and bones
Dying from disease and hunger and He cries.
God hears the desperation in lost
Souls’ voices and He cries.
God feels us pull away as He offers
His love and He cries.

I think of life, when I’ve sinned, or just pushed God aside.
I now look up to the cross, I see God’s love,

His arms open wide and I cry.

********************************************************************************************** For More Reading Pleasure:

1 comment: