Real

Saturday, December 20, 2014


I look around and see faces; faces that are masked over.
There’s a girl with a smile on her face, but I see desperation in her eyes.
I see a boy with a mask of anger, but I hear his faint plea for help.

Are they being real? Showing who they really are?
Why do they hide what’s inside them?

They need to be real. Real like Jesus,
Like His life, His death, and His love.
They need to be real.

I look in the mirror and see my face.
What do people see when they look at me?
Do they see me in a mask, or do they see the Savior inside me?
Can people see Christ’s love shine through?
Does my face radiate my joy inside?

Am I being real? Showing who I really am?
Why do I mask over who’s inside me?

I need to be real. Real like my Jesus,
Like His life, His death, and His love.
I need to be real.

Look at your heart. Look at your life.
Do the two match up?
If your heart is real, why isn’t your life?
Do people see the real you? Does your light shine bright?

Are you being real? Showing who you really are?
Why do you mask over who’s inside you?

You need to be real.  Real like Jesus. 
Like His life, His death, and His love.
You need to be real.

Don’t you think its time to be real?
We need to stand out and show people we care.

We need to be real. Real like Jesus.
Like His life, His death, and His love.

It's time to be real.

********************************************************************************************** For More Reading Pleasure:



No comments:

Post a Comment